An OST file is one of the major types of Outlook data file. This is considered as the main component of the Outlook platform. To avoid situations like corruption or low internet connection, one must always have a backup generated for certain situations. Here, we are going to discuss the situation OST file not recognized by Outlook 2019,2016,2013 & 2010 causes and how-to solutions to escape it. First, take a look at the causes that trigger the situation to occur.
Causes that make OST file not recognized:
- Abrupt system shutdown
- File intruded with the virus
- Corrupted OST file.
Manual Methods to fix OST File Not Opening Outlook 2016
You can also fix “Errors have been detected in the file OST file” issue. Multiple methods are available to fix this issue as follows:
Method 1: Recreation of OST File in Outlook
Outlook file being the replica of Exchange server mailbox it faces the issue ‘’OST file not recognized’’. To resolve the issue, one must simply re-create OST file downloading the duplicate of OST file.
- First, close all the versions of the Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to Start button and then on the Control panel to double click the Mail option.
- The Mail Setup dialogue box will appear on the screen. To select a different profile, choose Show Profiles. Next, select the profile name and click on the Properties option.
- Next, hit on the E-mail Accounts option
- Now, click on the Data Files tab and select the Exchange account.
- In Exchange Account, click on the Open File Location.
- The File Explorer window will direct you to the location of data files.
- Leave Account Settings & Mail Step windows open.
- Now, close the Mail Setup and Account Settings dialogue box. Then, resume back to the file explorer window.
- In the file explorer window, select the Exchange data file. Right-click on it and then click on the Delete button.
- From now onwards whenever you log in your Outlook account, an OST file will be generated every time.
Method 2: Recovery of OST files
Microsoft Outlook offers an inbuilt inbox repair utility named to recover corrupt OST file. The utility is therefore called ScanPST.exe. The utility is used to remove corruption from the OST file as well as Outlook PST. One can simply run the .exe on the system and wait for the diagnosis and repair. This tool is appropriate for Outlook versions 2013 and 2016. This will solve the accessing problem of the Outlook data file.
Method 3: By Repairing & Recovering OST File at once in Windows OS 2007
In MS Outlook 2007, a user can always recover minor issues of the OST data file by using inbuilt Outlook utility ScanOST.exe. A user must find the ost file in the system. Then load it in .exe utility for proper diagnosis and repairing work. Remember this utility is used only for minor error activities. Major error activities if diagnosed can make a user lose all data at an instant. Be careful with the utility as it does not claim major recovery. Because these methods will rescue you from the situation OST file not recognized by Outlook.
Automated Approach For OST File Not Opening Outlook 2016
The above manual methods are pre-measure that a user can take before consulting a professional solution. It is advised that users must always choose solutions recommended by experts. As they are known for maintaining data integrity and specialized for full data recovery. So, one can use this solution and one such method is OST Converter. Converters are helpful in these cases because they convert the corrupted file into a new file format. This will automatically remove all the possible errors of the old Outlook OST.
- Converts OST file to PST file format including emails, calendars, notes, journals, and contacts.
- Migrate corrupted OST files to file formats like .pst,.mbox, .msg, .eml, etc.
- Previewing options to view mailbox content in a hierarchical structure.
- Maintains data integrity and keep the data intact.
- Open Encrypted OST Files without any abruption.
- Intuitive Interface for better user understanding.
- Generates LOG File for converted OST files.
Manual methods are not as promising as a professional approach. The professional approach securely converts the file into another file format without any interruption from intruders to a safe destination. Above we have discussed the situation OST File Not Recognized by Outlook 2019,2016,2013 & 2010 along with what an individual can do to solve it. I hope you find this blog helpful.