OST files are offline storage tables of Outlook. As Outlook only works through the Exchange server, there are chances that Outlook data files may get intruded with the virus from the server. These files are not totally secured as they are fetched from the Exchange server, every time. So today, we are going to undermine the issue ‘Errors have been detected in the file OST’.
Causes that triggers the OST file occurring issues:
- Sudden termination of OST file while being in a synchronization process
- Force system shutdown during synchronization
- Corrupt system file
- Virus abducted OST file
Manual Approach for Outlook 2010 Errors have been detected in the file OST:
Restore files from backup storage
One can simply replace the corrupt OST file with a copy generated during backup. This can also turn out to be a waste of time if the backup is not generated recently and will leave you in a situation where you will be only left with the data that was updated after backup.
Repair OST file with the Inbox Repair Tool
Microsoft Outlook has two inbuilt options for repairing Outlook data file issues. Also, you can fix any other Outlook file error like “Outlook OST Is In Use And Cannot Be Accessed” easily.
These two options are eligible to repair minor defaults in the file.
ScanOST.exe is not too developed to handle corruption issues and is not compatible with Outlook versions launched after 2007.
These methods will help you fix “Errors have been detected in the file OST”.
Recreate the offline data file by removing the old one
Older files mostly have issues within if not updated once in a while. Similarly, older Outlook OST files can have issues. To clear the issues follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Find the older OST file on your system.
- Right-click the folder containing OST file and go to the properties tab.
- In the pop-up window, choose ‘Clear all items‘ and click OK to proceed further.
- Install Outlook and hit on Send/Receive tab in Outlook version 2010. Next, update folder.
After following the above guidelines, one by one delete the older OST files. After Outlook synchronizes with Exchange server, new OST will be generated and all data of the exchange server mailbox will be loaded into it. This method does not guarantee full recovery.
- Create a new Outlook profile
- In exceptional cases, Outlook profile can also be the reason for occurring issues in Outlook OST. Now, follow the below steps to create an Outlook default profile:
- Deleting the current profile
- Create a new one
- Now, the set the new profile as the default profile.
Automated Approach to Fix Error Detected in the OST file:
If the above manual method doesn’t fit for you then opt for the professional approach available in the market. The professional approach has a higher tendency of giving more optimized solutions than the Manual approach. One can repair OST file by simply converting the OST file into PST using the OST conversion method instead. One such method is OST Converter. This conversion resolves all OST related errors completely. So, opting this method would be a good choice. Some most prominent features of this tool are given below:
- Faster conversions of OST files into Outlook PST.
- Securely imports mailbox items like emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, journal and notes.
- Maintains data integrity of the mailbox items.
- Advanced search option to search OST files in the system.
- Also, export OST mailbox items to EML format.
- Compatible with all the versions of Windows OS.
Summing it Up:
We have discussed the manual as well as a professional approach in the above thesis. You must have got an idea that using a manual approach comes with limitations. Therefore, choosing the automated approach is the recommended suggestion to fix “Errors have been detected in the file OST” issue. I hope you find this blog useful.