If you are using a Thunderbird application to communicate with others and facing issues with MBOX files, then you can use them in other email clients. One of the best ways is to import MBOX to Gmail account. So, here we are discussing the methods to move MBOX files into Gmail through this guide that helps you a lot.
Gmail is the best platform that used to save emails. Also, it let the users can restore the emails in other email clients also such as Outlook PST, Apple Mail MBOX, etc.
Solutions to import MBOX files into Gmail-
You have to follow all the steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Open Gmail account with Thunderbird
- Initially, download and launch Thunderbird successfully on your system.
- Then hit on create a new account button.
- To continue with existing Gmail, choose the option “skips this and opts for existing Gmail account”.
- Now, enter all the details of your Gmail account and hit on continue.
- Then choose the IMAP>>Done.
- Now you can open Gmail account with Thunderbird.
Step 2: Install “ImportExportTools” Add-on
- Now, download extension utility for the Thunderbird application and then save the .xpi file.
- Open your Thunderbird application and go to the right side of the app and hit on “add-on”.
- Choose the gear icon and from the file, install add-on.
- Browse the .xpi file format and start to follow the installation procedure.
- Again start the Thunderbird application.
Step 3: Now, move out data from zipped Gmail file
- First, download the Gmail file and unzip it successfully.
- After extracting all Gmail files, you will find so many MBOX files named accordingly to the comparable label in Gmail.
Step 4: Move the Emails files from MBOX
- Initially, Open the Thunderbird.
- Start exporting the MBOX file locally to a folder.
- Now, choose more than one MBOX file to import and press “OK”.
- Wait for the Gmail files to get imported on choosing the selected label.
Step 5: View MBOX Files in your Gmail account
- First, go to the navigation pane in Thunderbird and open local folders and then select the folder that you want to import to Gmail with the label name.
- Now, from the folder, choose all the emails and copy & paste to your Gmail address by defining the path to the label.
- Wait for the process to complete. And you will find all the emails gets imported to Gmail successfully.
Manual Methods generally consume more time, takes a lot of space, low speed of step execution. These all are the limitations of the manual approach. Users rarely use it. So, no worry you can try alternate methods as mention below.
Cigati MBOX Converter utility is an alternative method used to import MBOX to Gmail account directly without any trouble. If you want to execute the steps quickly, then this is the better option. You don’t have to take risk of data loss, it ensures no loss of data during the entire process. It smartly handles all the files and keeps data intact.
- Batch MBOX emails conversion into Gmail in no time.
- Easy access to use an interactive user interface.
- Duplicate emails removed by this tool efficiently.
- Support all editions of Windows OS.
I hope you get all the answers to all your concerns from reading this post. You can choose any method of your choice to import MBOX to Gmail account. If you face any problem with the given manual steps, then you can choose an alternate method. This will definitely help you in moving MBOX files to Gmail successfully.