Learn to import PST to Gmail using the steps below.
Gmail is a free web-based email service developed by Google. It is used for the sending and receiving of emails. Using a third-party program, it can be accessed over the Internet. It works both POP and IMAP protocols. Gmail is an email service that is commonly used. Generally speaking, people prefer having Gmail ids so it can be conveniently used anywhere.
Microsoft Outlook, on the other hand, is the most preferred email client in the business industry. It saves the file in PST format by which you can retrieve your data from the mail server and save it to the computer so as to use it even without an internet connection. Nowadays people are trying to import PST to Gmail to prevent loss of files and then they can be used by Gmail, as required. You can also convert PST to PDF files.
Manual Approach to import PST to Gmail
- Open Gmail and log-in your credentials
- Click on the gear button in the top right of your mail
- Open Settings from the options and then click Forwarding and POP/IMAP menu
- In the IMAP Access section, setting up the status to Enable IMAP
- Now click on Save Changes button
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the File menu
- Click on Add Account
- In the Add Account window, enter your email account credentials and click Next
- Set this account type as IMAP
- Now import your PST by going to the File menu
- Click on Open & Export
- Select Import/Export option
- Choose Export to a file and click Next
- Select Personal Folder File(.pst) and click Next
- Now in the Export Personal Folders, check if Include subfolders are selected
- Save the exported file and click on Finish
- Now in the folder list on the right-hand side, copy the PST folder you have created in the Gmail folder
- At last, the Outlook email will be present in the Gmail account
This is the manual method to import PST file into Gmail. Now let us move on to the automatic method.
Automatic Approach to Import PST to Gmail
Another method to import PST to Gmail is by taking the help of professional software like Cigati PST Exporter. This tool can import PST file into Gmail, Yahoo, IMAP, Thunderbird, Hotmail, Zimbra, etc. It is also used to convert the personal folder file into multiple formats like EML, MBOX, MSG, TXT, HTML, etc.
Some salient features of Cigati PST Exporter are as follows:
- Perfectly converts all PST files to 16 formats like MBOX, PDF, HTML, EML, etc.
- Advanced and Standard Mode for the conversion process.
- Open PST files into different email clients such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
- If a converted file is more than 500 MB then it can be split by PST Exporter.
- Holds the same Hierarchy as the original folder.
- Quickly change the PST file to ICS and Vcard.
- It allows the user to use the renaming files option.
- Examine the file on the basis of Dates and Names.
- Simple and easy to understand GUI.
- Converts up to 25 emails, using the demo version.
- Works on all Windows 10 and its earlier versions.
The manual method for importing PST to Gmail can lead to loss of data and as an automatic method is a much easier and hassle-free process, hence it is a better choice between the two.