Being a Yahoo user, do you worry about the solutions to Import Yahoo mail to Office 365? Yes!, then know from here some free tricks for the concern.
Nowadays, Yahoo webmail clients are bygone due to new advanced technologies in other competitors. Users want to work on new upcoming and trending webmail clients like Office 365. So here we are discussing the best methods to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
This application offers several better services to the users as its mailboxes can be accessed anytime with any device. Office 365 is one of the best applications used in the online market due to its amazed features.
Let’s start with understanding the reasons for what users are converting or migrating Yahoo Mail to Office 365. And why office 365 is gaining so much popularity among the users. You can even also fix Yahoo Mail Not Working on Mac Mail issue completely.
Why Do Users Need to Import Yahoo Mail to Office 365?
Users require to move Yahoo Mail to Office 365 mainly due to the following reasons:-
- Office 365 offers various services for individuals, businesses and enterprises. It is so flexible that businesses can develop highly using its available services and can update as they emerge.
- Applications other than mailboxes like Excel, PowerPoint, One Drive, etc are provided. And if these applications are not available then they can be added.
- Offers better security to the users.
- Enables its user to convert the document in PDF format.
- Allows its users to convert Notes to the calendar data.
These are some major features provided by office 365 due to which it is becoming more popular. Let’s move ahead with the methods to migrate Yahoo mail to Outlook(Office 365).
Free Tricks to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365:
There is no direct way to import Yahoo Mail to Office 365. You have to go through the two different stages:
- First, export Yahoo Mail to Office 365 using the PST file format.
- Once the conversion completes, convert the PST file to Office 365.
Step 1: Export Yahoo Mail to Office 365 through PST :
- Initiate, with setting up Yahoo! to enable Allow apps that use less secure sign-in option, and for doing so modify the Account Security of Yahoo Mail.
- View Outlook and access File >> Info >> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings. then Tap on Next.
- From the displayed Choose Your Account Type window, Choose the POP3 or IMAP option and tap on Next to move ahead.
- Provide the Yahoo email address and password. And then in the incoming mail server field, type pop.mail.yahoo.com. Under the outgoing server field, import smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Here Tap on More Settings option and go to the POP and IMAP Account Settings, provide a name for the account.
- You will see a Window of Internet Email Settings where you have to pick the Outgoing Server tab. Also, test the same settings as My Incoming Mail Server and My SMTP needs Authentication options.
- Then after selecting the Advanced tab and for the POP3 server, type 995 and for the SMTP server, type 465. Choose SSL as the encryption type and check the This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection option.
- Tap on OK >> Next button and then Hit the Finish option. After that, Exit and Restart Outlook.
- Here press on the Send/Receive tab and select to Send/Receive All Folders option. Entire Yahoo data present in Outlook.
- At last, check the default location again to make sure that the migrated Yahoo file is saved or not.
Here, stage 1 is completed successfully in a way to Import Yahoo mail to Office 365. Now move towards the second stage.
Convert Exported Yahoo Email to Office 365 Account:
There are two approaches to migrate the converted Yahoo Email data to Office 365. You can continue with any of them.
Approach #1. Utilizing Network upload:
- Initiate by copying the SAS URL and Launch Azure AzCopy on the system.
- Upload all files to Office 365 account.
- Now, access the uploaded files to keep the process on.
- Generate a new import mapping file.
- Finally, generate an import job in Office 365.
Approach #2. Utilizing Drive Shipping.
- Copy the files in a BitLocker-encrypted hard disk.
- Then migrate the drive to Microsoft physically.
- Go to the hard disk, Initiate uploading the data personnel to a specified location, temporarily in the cloud of Microsoft.
- Now, go to the Office 365 Import service and migrate the converted Yahoo Email to Office 365 account.
The manual method is free so it is good to go but also has some limitations such- Time-consuming, Lengthy, data-loss is one of the major issues. And requires technical expertise too. So, it is always recommended to use professional utilities such as Yahoo Mail backup Software. This is a complete professional tool that converts Yahoo Mail to Office 365 directly without any hassle. Some of the valuable features that make it a standalone tool are listed below:
- Export Yahoo mails to office 365, PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, MBOX, MSG, HTML, MHT, TXT, etc. file formats securely.
- Import Yahoo Mail to PC, USB, or hard drive.
- Download emails from Yahoo along with the attachments and other information items like inboxes, schedules, tasks, etc.
- Consumes no time.
- No need for technical expertise.
Both the manual as well as professional method is discussed to Import Yahoo mail to Office 365. You can go with any of them as per your need and comfort to migrate Yahoo Mail to Outlook.