Gmail is one of the extensively used web-based email clients.
Business professionals, students, etc from all over the world prefer Gmail to exchange information. Gmail is the best example of cloud technology and its extensively used by millions of users due to several reasons such as large storage space, free of cost and exclusive features.
But, does it ensures the safety from malicious attacks, data loss or accidental deletion?
As accidental deletion is the major reason to backup Gmail emails to the computer. Therefore in this blog we will discuss the manual as well as a professional solution to export Gmail email to the computer, hard drive or USB drive.
Reasons to Backup Your Gmail Emails to Computer
- Cyber Attacks.
- Vulnerable to Accidental deletion.
- Phishing Scams.
- Frequent system crashes.
- Destabilization of functions.
Suggested Methods to Download Your Files
There are two simple methods to export the Gmail emails to the computer and this section will provide a detailed guide on both of them.
→Using Google Takeout to export Gmail backup.
→Using a Professional Gmail Backup Software.
Method 1: Backup Gmail emails using Google Takeout
You can transfer your Gmail data to different email clients but for that, you have to save the Gmail data into a supported file format. Google has launched a free utility that allows users to download Gmail emails into your local computer. You can easily import Gmail data to the local system by following these steps.
- Log in to https://takeout.google.com and enter your Google credentials.
- Now click on Select None button in the Download your data page.
- Now scroll down and switch on the Mail icon.
- Press the down arrow icon if you wish to download selective labels, then click Next.
- Now choose a File type and Archive size for the download then select the Send download link via email and click on the Create Archive from the drop-down of the Delivery method.
- As soon as the link is ready, you will receive an email. Now click on the link and download Gmail data on the PC.
Shortcomings of Google Takeout
- If the Backup process gets disrupted due to poor internet connection then you have to repeat the whole process to download the emails.
- Google Takeout doesn’t guarantee complete data download on the local machine. Most of the time it fails to download an archive file on the computer.
- Google Takeout doesn’t offer an option to perform a selective backup of Gmail data.
- After exporting the data it doesn’t provide an export option to export the mailbox items.
- Google Takeout saves emails only in MBOX format.
- Really difficult for a Non-technical person.
Export Gmail Email to another Gmail Profile
Many users wish to export their Gmail data to their other Gmail profile. Here are the steps to do that.
- Login into the old Gmail profile.
- Now click on Gear >> then click on the Settings option in your Gmail profile.
- Now select the radio button Enable POP for all mail in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP section.
- Choose archive Gmail’s copy, Once your emails are accessed with POP.
- Choose the Save Changes button.
- Now, you have all old Gmail emails.
- Here, click on the Accounts and Import section, then click on Add a mail account.
- Now, provide the email address from which you want to import, press Next.
- Select the radio button Import emails from my other account (POP3) and press Next.
- Now type the password associated with the email address to export all Gmail data to another Gmail Account.
- Now select the radio button Yes, I want to be able to send mail as email@example.com and click on Next.
- Enter your name under the Name segment.
- Press Next>> Next.
- Click on Send Verification button.
- Log out from the old account and Login to new Gmail account
- Copy the verification code from Gmail confirmation mail
- Now log in to the old Gmail profile.
- Now click on Settings>> Accounts and Import tab. Press Verify.
- Provide the confirmation code and click on Verify and export Gmail email folders to another Gmail profile.
Export Emails from Gmail Using Cigati Gmail Backup Software
Cigati Gmail Backup Tool has been developed with a highly advanced algorithm that only safely back the Gmail data along with the other mailbox items such as contacts, calendar, notes, etc but also ensures the original hierarchy of the data.
This tool allows users to save the Gmail data into multiple file formats such as PST, MSG, EML, TXT, etc. and directly export them into various email clients such as Yahoo, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
Users can selectively backup Gmail data by using the date range filter option. Moreover, users can also download the free version of this software to examine the features of this software from the below link:
Manual methods allow you to backup Gmail emails to the computer completely free of cost. But, this method can only save a single Gmail email to the computer or hard drive at a time. However, if you want to export multiple emails in one go, the only reliable way is to use a professional Gmail Backup software which allows downloading Gmail emails in bulk without data discrepancy.
One such powerful application is mentioned application. The tool swiftly imports the multiple Gmail emails to the computer within a few seconds.