Learn different methods to import EML to Outlook from this article.
The era in which we are living, communication proves to be the most important aspect of the day to day life. Not only from the point of view of an individual but also from businesses and industries view, email is the best mode of communication. Nowadays people are changing email clients as the requirement arises. Earlier Outlook Express was used but now its place has been taken by Microsoft Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook, one of the widely used email client uses PST file format to save email messages, etc. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook Express, a discontinued email client, used EML file format to save email messages. EML files use ASCII text for headers, the main message body, hyperlink, and attachments. Since Outlook Express is no longer working hence the need arises to import EML file to Outlook PST. You can also import EML files into Gmail. Changing an email client is not such an easy task. One has to take good care of the data which is already saved in the previous application.
Let us look at some of the methods to import EML to Outlook.
Various methods to import EML to Outlook
Method 1: Using Windows Live Mail
Note: Take a backup of the files before following the steps below
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail
- In Windows Live Mail, go to the File menu
- Now click on Choose to export and select Email Messages
- Choose Microsoft Exchange in Windows Live Mail Export windows and click on Next
- An Export Messages dialog box in shown. Click on OK button to proceed further
- In Export Messages window, select a folder which is to be converted to .pst file and click OK
- Now click Finish to import EML to Outlook
In this way, all the Windows Live Mail EML files are imported to Outlook in the form of PST files.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Outlook
In this method, just launch Microsoft Outlook to import EML files. This method will work only if you have an EML format file already saved on your computer.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the location where the EML files are saved on your computer
- Now drag and drop the selected EML file on the Outlook application
- Do the same for all the other files
Method 3: Using Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express and drop the EML files in it
- Now open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the File menu
- Select Open & Export and then click on Import/Export
- Click on Import Internet Mail and Addresses
- Now click on Outlook Express and press Next
- Click on Finish button
- In this way, you can import EML to Outlook.
Method 4: Using Cigati Solution’s EML Converter
Another easiest method to import EML to Outlook is to use third-party software like Cigati EML converter. This software imports all your EML files to PDF, Outlook, Gmail, etc. It is one of the best software available in the market. Some of its salient features are as follows:
- Safely exports all your EML files & other data
- Successfully imports your EML data into PDF, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, MHT, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, IMAP, Thunderbird, txt, and Zimbra
- Export emails with all their attachments
- Support bulk conversion of files
- Exports the EML file with their attachments
- Data range filter is available to exclude unrequired data
- Simple and easy interactive interface
- Designed with batch migration & preview features
Using professional software as discussed above is a much better choice because during the import of EML files there are chances of data loss. It could also modify the SMTP header which will eventually lead to serious problems.