Outlook is one of the most reliable email service providers. However, Outlook also contains some issues that are faced by the users. And the most common problem is that Outlook keeps asking for password every time.
If you are troubled with the same issue or error, just read this blog to fix this password issue of Outlook with efficient methods. Let’s understand various factors by which this problem is caused.
Why does Microsoft Outlook Keeps Asking for Password?
Many possible factors are responsible for causing Outlook password issues. Some of these issues are:
- User Identification must be disabled in Outlook settings.
Sometimes User Identification is ON in the Outlook settings by which it always asks to provide the authentication. If you want to fix this issue, then disable or turn off this setting.
- Wrong password stored by the Credential Manager in Outlook.
In this case, the Credential Manager uses an incorrect password then you need to update the password from the settings to fix the issue.
- The Outlook profile is corrupt.
In some cases, Outlook is incapable of remembering passwords due to the corruption in its profile. To resolve this issue, remove the profile or create a new Outlook profile.
- Poor network connection.
Poor quality of the internet is also the main reason by which Outlook asks for the password. So, it is mandatory to have a proper and stable internet connection.
- Antivirus creating hurdles.
Sometimes, the antivirus installed on your system disallows you to use Outlook due to infected files. It’s better to deactivate the antivirus at the time using the Outlook utility.
Techniques to Solve Outlook Password Keep Prompting Issue
Let’s understand the detailed procedure for Outlook needing a password again and again.
Method 1 – Clear the Cached Passwords
The user will be asked for a password many times by the Outlook then maybe your Outlook cached credentials are incorrect. So you have to clear the passwords by using the Windows Credential Manager. Now, follow the given steps to resolve the Outlook needs password issue:
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel.
- Then, click the User Accounts option.
- Now, Go to the User Accounts -> Credential Manager.
- After that, click on the Manage Your Credentials option.
- Then, expand the MS Outlook list.
- Now, click on Remove.
- In the end, restart Outlook again & your issue will be fixed.
If the issue still appears then, move to the next method.
Method 2 – Create and Use a New Outlook Profile
Sometimes, Outlook is unable to recognize the password by which the issue of Outlook keeps asking for a password arises in the user profile. To resolve the problem, the user needs to create a new profile. Follow the mentioned steps to create a new Outlook profile:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Then, search for the Mail from the right corner of the Control Panel.
- Now, open Mail.
- Then, choose Outlook from the profile and hit on the Add button.
- Afterward, click Ok, then enter your profile name.
- Now, provide details of your account and click Next.
- In the end, click on Finish.
Method 3 – Disable the Password Prompt Login Credentials
When the User Identification Settings are enabled in Outlook, then it will always ask you to provide the authentication. To fix this issue, you need to disable the settings by following the given below steps.
- Launch the MS Outlook and navigate File -> Account Settings.
- Now, select the exchange account settings and click on the Change.
- In the Dialog box, click on More Settings.
- In the new tab, uncheck Always Prompt for the logon credentials checkbox.
- Now, click on Ok, then Apply.
The above methods will surely help you to fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Passwords. These methods have their limitations as well, and there are also high chances of corrupting your Outlook emails. So, to avoid these limitations, and to recover your corrupted Outlook emails, go for a reliable third-party application.
Remarkable & Efficient Solution to Fix Outlook Password Prompt Issue
In this method, you can use a third-party application. Such an application is Outlook PST Recovery Tool that recovers your corrupted Outlook emails. It also comes with some remarkable features which are mentioned below:
Extras with this tool
- Repair and recover Outlook emails with their attachments in different file formats.
- Compatible with both ANSI & UNICODE of PST file.
- Provide a Date range filter to select a specific range of dates.
- Recover Missing or Corrupt Outlook (PST) file
- Intuitive and straightforward GUI to make things easy for technical or non-technical users.
We discussed all possible approaches to fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Passwords issue. You can use and try all the above solutions. But, these methods also have some limitations and risks associated with them. Moreover, it can corrupt your Outlook mailbox. So, use the Cigati Outlook Email Recovery Tool to repair your corrupted Outlook emails without any hassle. I hope your issue is resolved. Thank You!