Summary: If you are looking for ways to recover corrupted MySQL database, then you have reached the correct article. First, let’s learn about MySQL in detail. Restoring missed/erased information from MySQL databases could be critical, if the user doesn’t have any idea how to deal with these kinds of situations correctly. It is necessary to have a backup file of your database files.
MySQL Database: It is an open-source RDBMS framework that utilizes SQL. It is utilized for different purposes like Logging applications, information warehousing, and web-based business applications. With the MySQL database, you can store both the sole file or a whole lot of the data files.
Additionally, MySQL database documents are good with many structural file formats , for example, .sql, .cnf, .ddl, .arm, .qbquery, etc. On the other hand, the information and tables of the MySQL database are stored in other file extensions. Missing the MsSQL database files can put your business at high risk. These records can be:
- .frm – A structure file of tables.
- .ibd – Users can save InnoDB or Index files via this format.
- Db.opt – Comprises attributes of a related database.
- .myi – MyISAM table content is saved in this database.
Lets begin with the methods that help in extracting databases from corrupt My SQL Database.
How to Restore MySQL Database with mysqldump Command?
The mysqldump command is useful to get rid of the database with the SQL statements, which is significant to remodel the database. This certain command can miraculously reinforce your MySQL database by entering the below- mentioned syntax.
mysqldump -u [user] -p [database_name] > [filename].sql
The above command states the username, name of the database file, location of the database file, and expected result.
With the help of the below-mentioned syntax, users can restore a whole database management system without any interruption.
mysqldump –all-databases –single-transaction –quick-lock-tables=false > full-backup-$(date +%F).sql -u root -p
You may encounter with Microsoft SQL Server Error 926, but can able to fix it easily. Now, let’s focus on the ways to restore MySQL database.
How to Recover Corrupted MySQL Database Manually?
- Download and launch MySQL Server on your local PC. You can also download an alike version if you wish to recover your data in the recently downloaded version.
- Now, pause the MySQL service to attach the data folders.
- Replicate the backup data folder into the new MySQL -> data -> folder.
- After attaching the necessary data to the new MySQL folder, reboot the MySQL service.
- Next, inspect and fix database tables. You can also examine the database tables using mysqlcheck command followed by REPAIR command. Use this measure to check whether your database files are corrupt or not.
- After fixing database files, export them either to SQL dump or the SQL file itself.
Note: This method is only applicable for MyISAM tables and doesn’t recover corrupted MySQL database and InnoDB tables.
An Unconventional way to Extract MySQL Database:
The above solution might be tricky for novice users as it uses more technical terms that might require a little technical knowledge to understand. An exceptional way one can use is MySQL Database Recovery. The utility proposes to remove all inconsistencies from the database file as well as promise to recover all corrupted database table/file data. Let’s take a look at the incredible features of the tool to infer more.
Features of the Utility:-
- SQL Recovery utility highly repairs database items like views, stored procedures, triggers, functions, and tables.
- Promises MDF recovery in two modes: Standard and Advanced.
- Recovers both NDF and MDF files of SQL server database.
- Compatible with ROW compression and PAGE compression of SQL server.
- Allows previewing of database files before saving.
- Widely compatible with SQL versions 2012, 2014, 2000, 2005,2008, 2016, 2017, and2019.
- Supports Windows versions 2000, XP, Vista, 2003, 7, 8, 10, and 2003.
Summing It Up:
The above article suggests all the possible ways one can recover corrupted MySQL database files efficiently. The unconventional utilities are an all-time savior for novice users. As they do not require any technical knowledge/consent/experience to operate the utility. The user just needs to load a file in the utility space and perform the desired action to achieve an expected result. I hope you find this article thoughtful and obliging.